Australian Grant for CAN
Cricket Association of Nepal (CAN) has received Sports Development Grants under the Australian Sports Outreach Program, the Australian Embassy announced.
CAN has received 20,000 Australian dollars (approximately Rs 1.1 million) to promote the game of cricket at the grassroots level, particularly among school children, women and disabled people, stated a press statement issued by the Australian Embassy.
Thanking for the support, CAN president Binaya Raj Pandey said that the amount would be spent to promote such programs not under association’s main program. “We will support school programs, women and disabled, like deaf and blind cricketers,” Pandey said. “I hope that the support from the Australia continues.”
The Australian Ambassador to Nepal Graeme Lade said that he hoped that both grants would prove useful in advancing sporting capabilities in Nepal, especially in the areas of cricket and sport for people with disabilities. He also hoped that successful outcomes from these grants might hopefully lead to further grants.
The Australian government has been running the Sports Outreach Program, administered by the Australian Sports Commission, for a number of years, but until last year, it had essentially targeted Commonwealth countries.
Last year, the program was expanded beyond to include other countries, including Nepal.
The other grant of 10,000 Australian dollars (approximately Rs 550,000) has been provided to Diwakar Lal Amatya, the chairman of NASHF to support the translation, publication and distribution of an Australian manual on sports training for people with disabilities.
General25th Apr 2016The International Cricket Council (ICC) has suspended the Cricket Association of Nepal (CAN) for indefinite period. Although CAN will remain suspended and receive no ICC funding, the players would be able to participate in ICC events. The decision was taken during the ICC Board meeting on April 24 in Dubai. The ICC statement after the […]
- Paras – Sharad team up for highest run chase, beat Namibia again
- ICC to discuss Nepal on April 21: Anderson
- Sharad’s patient knock earns Nepal first WCLC win over Namibia
- Nepal announces squad against WCL matches vs Namibia
- ICC Statement regarding ICC World Cricket League round-three matches between Nepal and Namibia
21st Jan 2014
एउटा खेलाडीलाई निलम्बनको सव्द सुन्न पक्कै राम्रो लाग्दैन । निलम्बनमा पर्नु क्रिकेट र नेपाली खेल जगतका लागि राम्रो समाचार होइन । तर नेपाली क्रिकेट जसरी चलेको थियो, त्यसले यो अवस्था आउने पक्का थियो । निर्वाचित संघले आफ्नै पारामा चुनाव गरेर वैधानिकता नवीकरण गर्यो । त्यसमा कतिपय खुसी थिएनन । सरकारले निर्वाचन प्रक्रिया ठिक भएन भनेर […]...
- क्यान अाइसीसीको निलम्बनमा पर्नुमा राखेप प्रमुख दोषी ! (माधव धिताल, सेतोपाटी)
- नेपाल क्रिकेट संघ निलम्बनः घाटा-नाफाको हिसाबकिताब (राजकुमार श्रेष्ठ, अनलाइनखवर)
- क्यान र राखेपबीच जुहारी, आइसीसीले गरेको कारबाहीको दोष एकअर्कामाथि (विनोद पाण्डे, कान्तिपुर)
- क्रिकेट : सम्भावना र दुर्भाग्य (उज्ज्वल आचार्य, नागरिक)
- नेपाली क्रिकेट हाँक्ने निकाय छैन : आइसिसी (नागरिक)