ICC Suspends Two Nepali U-19 Bowlers
International Cricket Council (ICC) has prohibited selection of two Nepali under-19 players in any national teams as a bowler for the suspect bowling action, a senior cricket official confirmed on Monday.
â€œICC sent us a correspondence reporting the suspect action of Sagar Khadka and Rahul Biswokarma,â€ Tanka Paneru, the general secretary of Cricket Association of Nepal (CAN) informed.
The ICC has directed CAN not to select them without ensuring remedial works. The ICC letter reads: â€œPlease ensure that the analysis and any remedial work are carried out on these bowlers prior to any further selection as a bowler to any of your national team.â€
The two spinners from Region No 4 Bhairahawa were part of the Nepali team that reached the plate final of the Youth World Cup held in Malaysia in February. As one of the key players of the team, Rahul took 10 wickets and scored 51 runs in six matches while Sagar took two wickets and scored 47 runs in as many matches.
â€œI have not been informed about this,â€ Rahul, considered a player for watch, said over telephone. â€œI donâ€™t think my bowling action is suspicious and if there is any shortcoming, I can improve on that.â€
According to Paneru, CAN will decide on further steps only after the ongoing Springwood National League Cricket Tournament. This also means that both reported players, playing for their regional team in the national league, can continue playing in the event.
Nepal is scheduled to play two important international events this year â€“ the World Cricket League Division 5 in May in Jersey and the ACC Elite Trophy in July. Both can not be considered for the selection of these events.
The players reported for suspect action have to go through the action correction and only after scientific analysis of the improved bowling action is found to be okay, the players can compete in the international level.
General25th Apr 2016The International Cricket Council (ICC) has suspended the Cricket Association of Nepal (CAN) for indefinite period. Although CAN will remain suspended and receive no ICC funding, the players would be able to participate in ICC events. The decision was taken during the ICC Board meeting on April 24 in Dubai. The ICC statement after the […]
- Paras – Sharad team up for highest run chase, beat Namibia again
- ICC to discuss Nepal on April 21: Anderson
- Sharad’s patient knock earns Nepal first WCLC win over Namibia
- Nepal announces squad against WCL matches vs Namibia
- ICC Statement regarding ICC World Cricket League round-three matches between Nepal and Namibia
21st Jan 2014
एउटा खेलाडीलाई निलम्बनको सव्द सुन्न पक्कै राम्रो लाग्दैन । निलम्बनमा पर्नु क्रिकेट र नेपाली खेल जगतका लागि राम्रो समाचार होइन । तर नेपाली क्रिकेट जसरी चलेको थियो, त्यसले यो अवस्था आउने पक्का थियो । निर्वाचित संघले आफ्नै पारामा चुनाव गरेर वैधानिकता नवीकरण गर्यो । त्यसमा कतिपय खुसी थिएनन । सरकारले निर्वाचन प्रक्रिया ठिक भएन भनेर […]...
- क्यान अाइसीसीको निलम्बनमा पर्नुमा राखेप प्रमुख दोषी ! (माधव धिताल, सेतोपाटी)
- नेपाल क्रिकेट संघ निलम्बनः घाटा-नाफाको हिसाबकिताब (राजकुमार श्रेष्ठ, अनलाइनखवर)
- क्यान र राखेपबीच जुहारी, आइसीसीले गरेको कारबाहीको दोष एकअर्कामाथि (विनोद पाण्डे, कान्तिपुर)
- क्रिकेट : सम्भावना र दुर्भाग्य (उज्ज्वल आचार्य, नागरिक)
- नेपाली क्रिकेट हाँक्ने निकाय छैन : आइसिसी (नागरिक)