Nepal ranked top team in ACC ranking
Nepal is ranked the top team in the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) Non-Test Playing Nations Tournament Ranking published on December 15.
Binaya Raj Pandey, the president of Cricket Association of Nepal (CAN) and ACC vice-president, said that a meeting of the ACC Executive Committee in Dhaka on December 12 endorsed the ranking.
Hong Kong is ranked second, Malaysia third, Afghanistan fourth and Singapore fifth in the ranking based on a two-year cycle for men’s cricket – senior as well as age-group.
The newest ranking is determined by the teams’ placings in the ACC Trophies, ACC U-19 and U-16 Cups.
The list of top 10, also the qualifiers for the ACC Twenty20 Cup 2011, includes Oman (sixth), Saudi Arabia (seventh), Kuwait (eighth), UAE (ninth) and Bhutan (tenth).
The ranking will stay in place until December 2012 and it is the determining factor to split the annual development budget of USD 1,400,000 among 18 non-Test playing nations of Asia, according to ACC.
During the last two years, Nepal finished ACC Trophy Elite and ACC U-16 Elite as runners-up and ACC U-19 Elite as third-placed team.
Nepal was ranked second in 2007-09 ranking.
“Since we are top team in the ranking, ACC will provide us between USD 50,000 to 60,000 for infrastructure development,” Pandey added.
General25th Apr 2016The International Cricket Council (ICC) has suspended the Cricket Association of Nepal (CAN) for indefinite period. Although CAN will remain suspended and receive no ICC funding, the players would be able to participate in ICC events. The decision was taken during the ICC Board meeting on April 24 in Dubai. The ICC statement after the […]
- Paras – Sharad team up for highest run chase, beat Namibia again
- ICC to discuss Nepal on April 21: Anderson
- Sharad’s patient knock earns Nepal first WCLC win over Namibia
- Nepal announces squad against WCL matches vs Namibia
- ICC Statement regarding ICC World Cricket League round-three matches between Nepal and Namibia
21st Jan 2014
एउटा खेलाडीलाई निलम्बनको सव्द सुन्न पक्कै राम्रो लाग्दैन । निलम्बनमा पर्नु क्रिकेट र नेपाली खेल जगतका लागि राम्रो समाचार होइन । तर नेपाली क्रिकेट जसरी चलेको थियो, त्यसले यो अवस्था आउने पक्का थियो । निर्वाचित संघले आफ्नै पारामा चुनाव गरेर वैधानिकता नवीकरण गर्यो । त्यसमा कतिपय खुसी थिएनन । सरकारले निर्वाचन प्रक्रिया ठिक भएन भनेर […]...
- क्यान अाइसीसीको निलम्बनमा पर्नुमा राखेप प्रमुख दोषी ! (माधव धिताल, सेतोपाटी)
- नेपाल क्रिकेट संघ निलम्बनः घाटा-नाफाको हिसाबकिताब (राजकुमार श्रेष्ठ, अनलाइनखवर)
- क्यान र राखेपबीच जुहारी, आइसीसीले गरेको कारबाहीको दोष एकअर्कामाथि (विनोद पाण्डे, कान्तिपुर)
- क्रिकेट : सम्भावना र दुर्भाग्य (उज्ज्वल आचार्य, नागरिक)
- नेपाली क्रिकेट हाँक्ने निकाय छैन : आइसिसी (नागरिक)