Nepal beat Thailand in ACC Women T20
Despite lackluster batting performance, Nepal began ACC Women’s Twenty20 Championship with a 21-run win over Thailand at KEC, Kuwait.
Nepal chose to bat first but was bowled out for 75 in 18.4 overs with only a couple of players reaching double-digit runs. Nepal however bowled brilliantly to end Thai innings at 54 in 18.1 runs.
Naroman Srisuwan bowled a brilliant first over bowling out both openers Manisha Rawal and Sita Magar to give Thai early advantage. Rashi Sharma too followed soon without scoring as Nepal went down to 5/3 in 2 overs.
Nary Thapa and Janaki Bhatta partnered 37-runs for fifth wicket to revive Nepal’s innings after Sarita Magar (2) and Neera Rajopadhyay (7) too failed to stay long.
Janaki topscored for Nepal with 25 in 19 balls with five fours before falling to N Khonchan. Nary got 10 off 18 balls with two fours. Little contribution also came from Madhu Thapa (5), Rubina Chhetri (4), Karuna Bhandari (4) and Mamta Thapa (3). Thai bowlers gave away 15 extras.
“After three early wickets, there was pressure on batswomen,” Nepal’s coach Arun Aryal said. “But Janaki batted well to take team to a defendable total.”
Thailand struggled to score runs against Nepali bowlers despite not losing wickets and the pressure of run-rates put them under pressure.
Captain Soennarin Tippoch topscored with 15 off 31 balls while Phira-on Kamla scored 13 off 12 down the order but it was too late. Karuna Bhandari led the bowling with 3/12 in 4 overs while Sarita Magar grabbed 2/8 in her four.
Rubina Chhetri and Rashmi Sharma claimed a wicket each. Janaki won man of the match award.
Nepal will meet UAE on Feburary 19.
General25th Apr 2016The International Cricket Council (ICC) has suspended the Cricket Association of Nepal (CAN) for indefinite period. Although CAN will remain suspended and receive no ICC funding, the players would be able to participate in ICC events. The decision was taken during the ICC Board meeting on April 24 in Dubai. The ICC statement after the […]
- Paras – Sharad team up for highest run chase, beat Namibia again
- ICC to discuss Nepal on April 21: Anderson
- Sharad’s patient knock earns Nepal first WCLC win over Namibia
- Nepal announces squad against WCL matches vs Namibia
- ICC Statement regarding ICC World Cricket League round-three matches between Nepal and Namibia
21st Jan 2014
एउटा खेलाडीलाई निलम्बनको सव्द सुन्न पक्कै राम्रो लाग्दैन । निलम्बनमा पर्नु क्रिकेट र नेपाली खेल जगतका लागि राम्रो समाचार होइन । तर नेपाली क्रिकेट जसरी चलेको थियो, त्यसले यो अवस्था आउने पक्का थियो । निर्वाचित संघले आफ्नै पारामा चुनाव गरेर वैधानिकता नवीकरण गर्यो । त्यसमा कतिपय खुसी थिएनन । सरकारले निर्वाचन प्रक्रिया ठिक भएन भनेर […]...
- क्यान अाइसीसीको निलम्बनमा पर्नुमा राखेप प्रमुख दोषी ! (माधव धिताल, सेतोपाटी)
- नेपाल क्रिकेट संघ निलम्बनः घाटा-नाफाको हिसाबकिताब (राजकुमार श्रेष्ठ, अनलाइनखवर)
- क्यान र राखेपबीच जुहारी, आइसीसीले गरेको कारबाहीको दोष एकअर्कामाथि (विनोद पाण्डे, कान्तिपुर)
- क्रिकेट : सम्भावना र दुर्भाग्य (उज्ज्वल आचार्य, नागरिक)
- नेपाली क्रिकेट हाँक्ने निकाय छैन : आइसिसी (नागरिक)