Soaltee Super Sixes from Sunday
Soaltee Crowne Plaza Kathmandu announced to host the 14th edition of the Soaltee Crowne Plaza Super Sixes Cricket Tournament, an inter corporate event, from Sunday.
Altogether 24 teams of corporate houses are participating in the tournament that concludes on November 9. Soaltee Crowne Plaza organized a press conference on Friday and informed that the tournament will be played on league-cum-knockout format at the Tribhuvan University Ground, Kirtipur.
The participating teams are slated in eight different groups, top two teams from which qualify to the pre-quarterfinals.SoalteeCrownePlazahas been organizing the annual event with the theme “All Play No Work”.
“This tournament is a great opportunity for us to interact with our business associates and celebrate team spirit with fun,” said Nalin Mandiratta, general manager of the Soaltee Crowne Plaza. “Our endeavor is to organize the tournament successfully keeping the spirit of cricket alive,” he added.
The six-day tournament is a six-a-side tournament and the technical aspect of the tournament is managed by the professionals nominated by Cricket Association Nepal (CAN). According to the organizers, only players above 25 years could participate in the tournament.
Liquor brand Romanov is the title sponsor of the tournament this time, while corporate houses like Nabil Bank, Yeti Airlines, Coca-Cola, Carlsberg, TAG Heuer and others are supporting the event.
According to Marketing and Public Relation Manager ofSoalteeCrownePlaza, Sony Chaudhary, the tournament will kick off with a friendly inaugural match between a media team and a team led by Chief Secretary Lila Mani Paudyal.
According to Chaudhary, there are individual prizes for player-of-the-series, best batsman, best bowler, best fielder as well as awards like fair-play team and most sixes.
General25th Apr 2016The International Cricket Council (ICC) has suspended the Cricket Association of Nepal (CAN) for indefinite period. Although CAN will remain suspended and receive no ICC funding, the players would be able to participate in ICC events. The decision was taken during the ICC Board meeting on April 24 in Dubai. The ICC statement after the […]
- Paras – Sharad team up for highest run chase, beat Namibia again
- ICC to discuss Nepal on April 21: Anderson
- Sharad’s patient knock earns Nepal first WCLC win over Namibia
- Nepal announces squad against WCL matches vs Namibia
- ICC Statement regarding ICC World Cricket League round-three matches between Nepal and Namibia
21st Jan 2014
एउटा खेलाडीलाई निलम्बनको सव्द सुन्न पक्कै राम्रो लाग्दैन । निलम्बनमा पर्नु क्रिकेट र नेपाली खेल जगतका लागि राम्रो समाचार होइन । तर नेपाली क्रिकेट जसरी चलेको थियो, त्यसले यो अवस्था आउने पक्का थियो । निर्वाचित संघले आफ्नै पारामा चुनाव गरेर वैधानिकता नवीकरण गर्यो । त्यसमा कतिपय खुसी थिएनन । सरकारले निर्वाचन प्रक्रिया ठिक भएन भनेर […]...
- क्यान अाइसीसीको निलम्बनमा पर्नुमा राखेप प्रमुख दोषी ! (माधव धिताल, सेतोपाटी)
- नेपाल क्रिकेट संघ निलम्बनः घाटा-नाफाको हिसाबकिताब (राजकुमार श्रेष्ठ, अनलाइनखवर)
- क्यान र राखेपबीच जुहारी, आइसीसीले गरेको कारबाहीको दोष एकअर्कामाथि (विनोद पाण्डे, कान्तिपुर)
- क्रिकेट : सम्भावना र दुर्भाग्य (उज्ज्वल आचार्य, नागरिक)
- नेपाली क्रिकेट हाँक्ने निकाय छैन : आइसिसी (नागरिक)