Host reaches SPA Cup semifinal
Host Sudur Paschimanchal Academy (SPA) secured semifinal berth in the Hotel Devotee SPA Cup, inter college cricket tournament with highest cash prize, as it defeated Jagannath Multipule Campus, Baitadi by six wickets on Friday in Dhangadhi.
Jagannath elected to bat first and put up 119/4 in allotted 20 overs as Ashok Chand scored unbeaten 43 runs. Lokesh Bhatta (17 runs) was the second highest scorer for Jagannath.
Bikash Bam was the pick of the SPA bowlers as he claimed three wickets. Arjun Chapagain took a wicket for SPA.
Chasing the total, SPA met the target in 18.4 overs losing four wickets. Bhuwan Karki top scored 29 runs while Pankaj Kunwar struck 25 runs. Prakash Khadka (19 runs) and Sandeep Khadka (15 runs) remain unbeaten for SPA.
Khemraj Bhatta took two wickets while Saroj Rawal and Rajendra Bhatta claimed a wicket each for Jagannath.
Bhuwan Karki was adjudged man-of-the-match and was awarded Rs 5,000.
Meanwhile, Mahendra Namuna Campus, Dadeldhura beat New Horizon College, Butwal by 13 runs on Friday morning to secure its berth in last eight.
Mahendra Namuna put up 151/6 in allotted 20 overs as Roshan Nepali scored 75 runs and Prem Tamang added 23 runs. Nepali and his opening partner Dilip Nath put up 72-run partnership within 8.2 overs. Ganesh Gaudel claimed three wickets for New Horizon.
New Horizon reached only 138/9 in 20 overs. Prash KC scored 51 runs and Krishna Sen added 18 runs as they put up 71-run third wicket partnership. However, New Horizon suffered dramatic collapse then after. Sunil Tamang and Bikram Sob claimed three wickets each for Mahendra Namuna.
General25th Apr 2016The International Cricket Council (ICC) has suspended the Cricket Association of Nepal (CAN) for indefinite period. Although CAN will remain suspended and receive no ICC funding, the players would be able to participate in ICC events. The decision was taken during the ICC Board meeting on April 24 in Dubai. The ICC statement after the […]
- Paras – Sharad team up for highest run chase, beat Namibia again
- ICC to discuss Nepal on April 21: Anderson
- Sharad’s patient knock earns Nepal first WCLC win over Namibia
- Nepal announces squad against WCL matches vs Namibia
- ICC Statement regarding ICC World Cricket League round-three matches between Nepal and Namibia
21st Jan 2014
एउटा खेलाडीलाई निलम्बनको सव्द सुन्न पक्कै राम्रो लाग्दैन । निलम्बनमा पर्नु क्रिकेट र नेपाली खेल जगतका लागि राम्रो समाचार होइन । तर नेपाली क्रिकेट जसरी चलेको थियो, त्यसले यो अवस्था आउने पक्का थियो । निर्वाचित संघले आफ्नै पारामा चुनाव गरेर वैधानिकता नवीकरण गर्यो । त्यसमा कतिपय खुसी थिएनन । सरकारले निर्वाचन प्रक्रिया ठिक भएन भनेर […]...
- क्यान अाइसीसीको निलम्बनमा पर्नुमा राखेप प्रमुख दोषी ! (माधव धिताल, सेतोपाटी)
- नेपाल क्रिकेट संघ निलम्बनः घाटा-नाफाको हिसाबकिताब (राजकुमार श्रेष्ठ, अनलाइनखवर)
- क्यान र राखेपबीच जुहारी, आइसीसीले गरेको कारबाहीको दोष एकअर्कामाथि (विनोद पाण्डे, कान्तिपुर)
- क्रिकेट : सम्भावना र दुर्भाग्य (उज्ज्वल आचार्य, नागरिक)
- नेपाली क्रिकेट हाँक्ने निकाय छैन : आइसिसी (नागरिक)